A concise resource for Canada’s insurance industry
The Pedorthic Association of Canada and its members value the profession’s relationship with Canada’s insurance industry.
We encourage dialogue and are grateful for the opportunity to share our knowledge and positions about orthotics, footwear, and related products and services with insurers.
The purpose of this web page and its corresponding PDF for download is to describe the following:
- the role of the Canadian Certified Pedorthist C. Ped (C);
- the patient experience, something we like to call the “pedorthic journey”;
- our positions on key elements of pedorthic practice;
- common and accepted technical terminology in pedorthic practice.
It is PAC’s hope that this information will prove useful to new and veteran insurance professionals alike in the:
- determination of eligibility;
- interpretation of claims; and
- understanding of industry trends.
We look forward to questions and feedback from the Canadian insurance industry.
Click on the topics below for more information:
- About Certified Canadian Pedorthists
- The Role of a Pedorthist
- The Pedorthic Journey:
- Understanding Foot Conditions: PAC’s Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Controlling Foot Care Benefit Costs in Canada
- PAC’s Invitation to Insurers